Thursday 6 June 2013

Kyu Bistro

Kyu Bistro (kyubistro.com), a little ramen noodle house, just opened on Isabel St. last Monday and Aimee invited me to join her and some friends for lunch that Friday. Aimee has like a sixth sense or something for places to eat. She is a foodie like me and she's also Filipino so she always hears about these places from her friends, her cousins, her cousin's friends, her friend's cousin's friend, etc. I feel like ramen noodles don't get the respect they deserve because of their less-attractive younger sibling, instant noodles. Don't get me wrong, you can do great things with instant noodles and it is considered by some as one of the greatest Japanese inventions of the 20th century, but obviously it's not the real thing. Kyu does three different versions of ramen noodle soup: shio (light clear broth), shoyu (soy sauce based broth), and a spicy miso broth. I had the Shio Ramen which has pork shoulder, naruto (a thinly sliced fish cake), soft boiled egg, menma (bamboo shoots), nori and green onions. I really wanted to try the spicy miso broth so I substituted this for the shio broth. 


The spicy miso broth is amazing! It is so flavourful and a little bit thicker which makes it so satisfying and delicious. They also have really good appetizers that are priced between $4 to $6 so there's no reason why you should ever be leaving here hungry. Best agedashi tofu (bottom left corner below).


In case you can't tell...I loved this place. Being an Asian girl who loves a good noodle soup, I will definitely be coming back. 

DG


No comments:

Post a Comment