Sunday 30 September 2012

Mackers

McDonald's (or "Mackers" in Aussie speak) can be found anywhere in the world which is very convenient when travelling because you can always count on them for a public bathroom or free Wifi. The menu is mostly the same but there are usually a few items that seem to be catered to the local market - as a nice reminder of where you are in the world! Ever since the first day we arrived here I've been wanting to try the lamb burger even though I'm not much a of meat-eater and have only tried lamb a few times but for some reason this burger just spoke to me. Time was running out since it is now our third last day in Australia so when I saw those golden arches on our walk this morning I decided to go for it. 


I could only manage about half of the burger because it was absolutely massive but I really enjoyed it - the egg and beetroot on top of the lamb patty was a nice touch. 


Truth be told, I didn't feel super great about myself about ten minutes after this picture was taken - still, I have no regrets.

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment