Sunday 12 October 2014

Ramen Noodle Burger

After a long hiatus I'M BACK!!! Thank you to all my loyal readers who encouraged me to get back to my blog.......but the real inspiration for bringing it back was a place that has inspired millions of people all over the world - NEW YORK CITY!

We arrived at 4pm and headed directly to Smorgasburg, a "flea food market" located in the East River State Park, just down the street from where we are staying in Williamsburg (totally not planned, one word: FATE). This is the most amazing place with 100 vendors selling street food from all over the world, plus a few things the chefs seemingly came up with on acid.

After many go-rounds the vendors I had to make the tough choice of what to order and ended up going with something that I would not typically order....a burger. I know, right? Maybe I've changed my noodle-loving ways and embraced traditional American fare? Unlikely. This is what they call a "ramen burger".


Beef chuck patty between a ramen noodle bun topped with a special "shoyu glaze" and arugala. This ingenious concoction was created by a Mr. Keizo Shimamoto, a blogger turned chef who is "living the ramen dream".

This is Asian-fusion at its finest.

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment