Wednesday 15 October 2014

Vanessa'a Dumpling House

K so if you don't know me or haven't been following my blog, there's two things I'm obsessed with: noodles and DUMPLINGS. I love steamed dumplings. There is something so satisfying about these tiny little things that someone artfully crafted by hand that you pop into your mouth and down in five seconds. 

We've been running around all over New York (and yes, we have been taking in some sights other than menus) and yesterday made a point to spend some time in Williamsburg before we move into our new apartment on the island. There is a place I've had my eye on for a while called Vanessa's Dumpling House which is on Bedford Avenue less than ten minutes from our place. Whoever said New York was expensive?? You can get four dumplings for $1.50 here! That's a great deal even by Winnipeg standards. I got the shrimp and pork wontons with spicy sauce (8 for $5). 


I mean...c'mon. Steamed wonton in a spicy chili oil topped with garlic, chilies, scallion and cilantro. Paired well with the falafel sandwich I just ate at Oasis up the road.

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment