Sunday 6 January 2013

Leftover Turkey Sandwiches

I have always been a big fan of leftovers and would in fact argue that there are certain foods that actually taste better after an overnight in the fridge like chili and curries. Also, although it is a rare treat for me (Chinese people don't really do turkey), I love leftover turkey with all the fixins'. I was fortunate enough to spend a few days over Christmas in beautiful Sandown, New Hampshire (Population: approx. 6,000) where there isn't a whole lot to do other than going for long nature walks and eating yourself into a food coma. Of the aforementioned activities I mostly engaged in the latter. Like I said before, I hardly ever get to enjoy a big, festive turkey which I really enjoy but what I love even more is the turkey sandwiches my Auntie Donna whips up the next day. They are perfectly constructed with the essential components of the previous day's meal being the turkey, cranberry sauce and the turkey stuffing (which has to be rationed out so that we don't eat it all in the first sitting). 



Who needs a knife and fork when you can have it between two slices of bread! 

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment