Tuesday 22 January 2013

Breakfast at Stella's

I've always loved the breakfast at Stella's...and apparently so does everyone else in Winnipeg because it is always packed on the weekends. Although I hate the idea of standing in line for 30 minutes on a Sunday morning I have to admit it's worth the wait. What makes the breakfast at Stella's so good? The key to any good breakfast - eggs! They serve the most delicious free-run eggs and they're consistenly cooked well. I like my eggs poached and it's hard to get that perfect runny yolk so there's this risk of winding up with eggs that are too runny (raw egg whites = gross), watery or straight-up hard-boiled. I'm also a big fan of the Mexican breakfast at Stella's which is sunny side-up eggs (I substitute for poached) over soft corn tortillas with refried beans and topped with cheddar cheese, green onions, tomato, salsa, guacamole, and cilantro sauce served with Stella's breakfast potatoes. 


Oh and they're also really good at re-filling your coffee if you're like me and enjoy drinking coffee until you get the shakes when you go out for breakfast. 

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment