Saturday 6 October 2012

Gili Night Market

Last night we went to the night market on Gili Trawangan which is filled with food vendors selling a variety of local dishes. You can buy 10 satay skewers for $1 and a whole grilled fish for $3.50. Some people get a thrill from extreme sports like skydiving or bungee jumping - I get it from eating street food. There are so many cheap, delicious options it gives me an adrenaline rush just thinking about what I'm going to eat tomorrow. 


Ashley and I both had shrimp skewers and rice with a selection of three vegetable dishes topped off with a peanut sauce ($2.50/plate)



Loved this!!! It's funny how seeing a rat in a restaurant back home would freak me out but the numerous stray cats wandering around the night market didn't phase me for one second. It's all relative, right? 

DG

No comments:

Post a Comment